Watch Video Demonstration of these Bongos
At 17 years old John "Dandy" Rodriguez, Jr. earned a place playing bongos in the Tito Puente Orchestra and played with the group for over 30 years. In 2001 John helped form the Latin Giants Orchestra whose two albums have been recognized internationally.
Over the course of this career, John has been recognized as one of the greatest players and innovators of Latin music. In 2009, John entrusted LP's Research and Development Department with developing the LP Legends Series John "Dandy" Rodriguez, Jr. Bongos. The drums have sound and visual features that John is proud to have his name on.
- European Beech wood shells provide extra resonance
- 9" Hembra (large shell) for additional bottom end response and greater volume, 7-í¢_" Macho (small shell), Natural rawhide
- Dark wood stain with distinctive black stripe & gloss finish
- Traditional Rims, Cuban style steel bottoms
- 5⁄16" diameter tuning lugs
- Ideal for traditional seated players
- Small center block, allows drums to be picked up with one hand