OPEN BOX SALE: Drum is in brand like-new condition. It was a showroom sample. Photos provided are the actual drum you will receive. Weight 15 lb.
We're including a Tycoon TJB Heavy Duty Bag with this drum.
The Black Stallion Pro African djembe drum is a professional level djembe that sounds absolutely fantastic and is built to perfection. Made with the utmost care and attention to detail this Pro African djembe drum is a hand-carved beauty that is not only stunning but a true work of art. It just doesn't get any better than this!
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Wood Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
Drum Head Diameter: 13.5"
Actual Playing Surface Area: 12.5-13" (this varies slightly from drum to drum since each drum is hand carved)
This size is appropriate for:
- Players that want more range from their drum
- Adults more than 71" tall
- Anyone taking drum classes
- Studio recordings
- Players with big hands
Not sure about the size? Watch this video:
Need help tuning? Watch our video: