The X8 Drums Matahari Professional African djembe drum is a masterpiece in both design and sound. The West African symbol carved into the djembe is called The Leg of a Hen. It is a symbol of the ideal nature of parents, being both protective and corrective. The natural finish compliments its professional tonal range.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
20" Tall x 10" Head, 30 Sets of Rope Runners
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- Every drum comes with a Fitted Djembe Bag, a Care & Maintenance Guide, plus 2 free lessons!
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm Rope
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.