Ruby Pro African Djembe, 13-14" Head with Free Lessons
- In stock
Customer Review: "Just received my new 14" Ruby Pro and it is the most incredible drum I have ever played. Cannot believe how crisp the tones and slaps are as well as a great bass. The drum itself is so beautiful and the workmanship impeccable." -Michael
"I ordered my drum on Thursday, March 12 and was so excited when it arrived March 13, WOW what deliver service. The phone service I received while ordering was fantastic. The drum - Ruby Diamond Pro is absolutely BEAUTIFUL and the sound is terrific. I went to a drum circle Friday night and everyone loved it and of course asked where I got it. Thanks again from the great service and the beautiful drum. When I order another it will definitely be from X8." -Kathy
The Ruby Pro African djembe drum is a professional level djembe that sounds absolutely fantastic and is built to perfection. Made with the utmost care and attention to detail this Pro African djembe drum is a hand-carved beauty that is not only stunning but a true work of art. It just doesn't get any better than this!
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head, 35 Sets of Rope Runners
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe .
- Every drum comes with a Djembe Care & Maintenance Guide
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm Rope
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
I am completely impressed with this drum. Way more than I expected it to be. Room filling base, bright tap tone and sharp slap tone. Really happy with it.
Ordered tribal African, it was out of stock the guys at x8 subbed it for this beautiful drum.
better looking than I expected and sounds great too right out of the box needed a little tuning sounds like a djembe right out of africa
The bass fills my bedroom. The slaps and tones seem to come from my walls. Excellent projection!!
The Djembe is Beautiful and very well made. The tones on this drum are awesome, crisp high tones and thundering low tones. I would recommend this drum to any serious Djembe player.
I facilitate drum circles and own over 60 djembes, from inexpensive fleet drums to more exotic African hand-made works of art. I bought the larger Ruby, and, WOW! Right out of the box, the sounds out of this drum rival anything I have ever played! Congrats, X8.