X8 Drums Dundun (or Dununs) are masterfully carved of a single piece of legally harvested Mahogany hardwood, designed to produce the authentic sound of the African bass drum.
The drum heads are made of cow hide with the hair left on to produce heavy tones and eliminate ringing overtones.
Typically played as a set of three with sticks, the 12" Sangban produces the mid-range tone and the other two drums create the low and higher pitches.
- Professional quality drums and offering an outstanding combination of melody, beautiful design, and authentic African tone.
- Stretched across the top and bottom are high-quality cowhides held together with two-ring mounting systems and 5mm non-stretch rope.
- Each drum ships with a pair of hardwood djun djun sticks.
- Each drum has a braided rope handle attached to both ends for handling.
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve wood.
- Dimensions: 24" Tall x 12" Head