Sold individually. This listing is for the Large (Dundunba) size.
The PVC djun djun shells feature the traditional Kente Cloth African design with a rich color palette. The industrial grade PVC material means that your drum is ready for travel and years of play without cracking or splitting. Plus the PVC material doesn't react to changing weather conditions like wood which means less time tuning for you!
The drum heads are made of thick cow hide that produces a deep, warm bass sound.
These drums are sought after by traveling musicians, school programs and groups that require both professional-level musicality and extreme durability.
Typically played as a set with sticks, The 15" Dundunba produces the low bass tone, the 12" Sangban produces the mid-range tone, and the 10" Kenkeni produces the high tone.
- Professional quality drums and offering an outstanding combination of melody, beautiful design, and authentic African tone.
- These djun-djuns are usually played with sticks in a set of three (15" Dundunba, 12" Sangban, 10" Kenkeni).
- Stretched across the top and bottom are high-quality cowhides held together with two-ring mounting systems and 5mm non-stretch rope.
- Each drum ships with a pair of hardwood djun djun sticks.
- Each drum has a braided rope handle attached to both ends for handling.