Dark Mahogany Hardwood with Teak Oil Finish and Full Rough Chocolate carving. Rings and cord tuning for goatskin head.
- Tension of the head on the Ashiko can be tuned, allowing the player a choice of high and low notes.
- Made of a solid piece of mahogany hardwood with a rough chocolate finish.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" x 13-14" Head
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- 25-26" : Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserver the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
About the Ashiko Drum: An ashiko is a kind of drum shaped like a truncated cone and meant to be played with bare hands. The ashiko drum is played throughout sub-Saharan Africa and the Americas. In eastern Cuba, it is known as boku and is played during carnivals and street parades called Comparsas. Some consider the ashiko to be male and the djembe female.