Djembe Lesson Download: How to Play Djembe for BeginnersX8 Drums
Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
How to Play the Djembe for Beginners with Kenya Masala
In this lesson you will learn how to play the djembe. Djembes have notes just like any other instrument and it is always great to start with those foundational elements as you learn to play.
- Introduction to the drum, including details about the drum head
- How to hold the drum and position your body into a relaxed state
- How to play the bass tone with proper hand technique
- How to play the tone note including details on exactly which part of your hand to use for the strike zone
- How to play the slap tone with close up and slow motion views on the finger positioning so you can hear a clear difference between your tone note and slap tone
- Review the three notes together and bring them together to play a warm up rhythm that will perfect your technique
- Run Time: 10:35
This video is instructed by Kenya Masala.
Sharing his love of rhythm and drumming within corporations, classrooms and communities, Kenya Masala is a recognized and respected trainer and facilitator across the country. Masala's original Rhythm Play!™ activity book and Zaboomba drumming programs introduce activities that integrate music within classroom and team development environment, and are accessible to teachers, educators and facilitators through easy-to-teach lessons that are adaptable to the ages and abilities of students and participants.
A great explanation of how to begin playing the Djembe.
I am a beginner but there are some fundamentals that I knew I needed. guess I had more experience than I thought. This video did have some information that I found very useful and put it to good use quickly.
Very good upbeat instructional video, my husband and I had taken one lesson so this video has really helped us to remember using proper hand positioning. I would recommend for beginners.
Easy to download and follow the lesson.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Great, I have a old drum, I will be buying my first brand new drum from x8 soon. You will be hearing from me very soon.