Drum Lesson Download: Cajon 102
Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
Cajon 102: Hand-to-Hand Playing with Mike Meadows
Mike Meadows is back for lesson #2 in the Cajon Drum Lesson series. In this lesson, Mike will demonstrate the performance possibilities using the hand-to-hand playing technique. He'll walk you through 3 different rhythms and talk about how to use the technique with any type of music.
- Hand-to-Hand playing demonstration
- Start the technique slowly with ghost notes
- Learn about western notation and 4/4 time (backbeat)
- Integrate playing 8th notes
- Finally, progress to playing 16th notes
- Exercise to practice all 3 levels
- Bonus lesson at the end - Learn a funky cajon rhythm
- Run Time: 14:46
This video is instructed by Mike Meadows of Swan Percussion.
Mike Meadows is a professional freelance percussionist, drummer, and background vocalist based in Austin,TX. He is also co-inventor of The Black Swan Drum and co-founder of Swan Percussion. The cajon used in this lesson is the Swan Percussion Corsoba Cajon.