Tycoon Percussion Rumwong Drum, Small (ERW-S)
- This item ships directly from our vendor and may take additional processing time.
Tycoon Percussion's Rumwong Drum is a traditional instrument indigenous to Thailand, constructed from a single piece of hardwood with a buffalo skin head that produces deep bass tones.
- Handcrafted from a single piece of hardwood
- Traditional instrument indigenous to Thailand
- High quality water buffalo skin head
- Extra strong tension ropes for easy and long lasting tuning
- Available in three sizes - small, medium, large. This listing is for the SMALL size.
- A great addition to any musician's set-up, or for unique sounds
- Model: EKY-S
Tycoon Percussion drums are carefully selected and tested to meet the needs of the most discriminating professional percussionist. We guarantee you'll love 'em or we'll refund your money. Perhaps you haven't heard of the name 'Tycoon', however Tycoon Percussion instruments go head-to-head with brands such as 'Meinl', 'Latin Percussion' and 'Toca'. Tycoon percussion has been making top quality percussion instruments for over 20 years and only recently have started to make a presence in the U.S market.
What does a Creek Indian architect, who has been playing percussion instruments since age 8 do? Of course, he collects and plays indigenous music instruments from around the world. This large Rumwong drum from Thailand is a work of art. It is truly sculpture in addition to having an excellent tone. I will prize it always and then it will become a family heirloom . . . but not anytime soon. Playing the drums everyday keeps one spry!
I purchased this drum about a year ago. I have over 30 drums including Tabla's, Udu's, Cajon, Conga, Bongo's, A Djembe and the list goes on. My favorite drum to play by far is my Tycoon Rumwong. Great sound. Easy to carry around and just a lot of fun to play.