LP Udu Mbwata
- Ships in 1-3 business days from CA.
LP Udu Drums possess distinct tonal qualities which range from subtle bass tones to soothing tabla-like tones. Their clay construction is based upon centuries-old African traditions. The name "Udu" has been derived from the Nigerian Ibo language, meaning "pottery".
Each LP Udu Drum offers individual tonal values. They can be played by hitting any part of the drum with the palm of the hand or the finger tips. The textured surfaces provide additional tonal variations by creating rubbing sounds.
The sound possibilities can be further expanded using the unique microphone ports found in each chamber. Small mics can be mounted for amplification and to capture the wondrous internal sounds.
LP Udu Drums are generally played in a seated position with the drum on the player's lap. They can also be played on a table top or floor using the included straw ring stands.
- Rich and extreme textures between chambers
- Lower rounded chamber produces mellow, round, dry bass tones, while the smaller, flat chamber creates bright, sharp, wet tones
- Sounds created from the upper chamber are similar to those sounds of the Indian tabla or Middle Eastern doumbek
- Dimensions: 16.5" L x 11" W x 11" H
The shape and sound are exquisite. Really love this drum, more than any of my others.