LP Tito Puente Thunder Timbs, 15" & 16", Stainless Steel (LP258-S)
- This item ships directly from our vendor and may take additional processing time.
Elvis may have been known as "The King of Rock and Roll," but to fans of Latin music icon, the late Tito Puente will always be remembered as "El Rey del Timbal" (The King of the Timbale). Puente was responsible for bringing timbales from the rear to the forefront of the band in Latin dance music and Latin jazz. He was the winner of four Grammy Awards, has a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame and received the National Endowment of the Arts Award from President Clinton. Puente's craving for innovation and perfection helped lead to the design of LP's Tito Puente Model Timbales. Tito was honored when a set of his namesake Timbales was placed into the Smithsonian Institute's permanent collection.
The LP Tito Puente Thunder Timbs are sold complete with a chrome plated, heavy duty, steel Timbale Stand. The stand has a die cast, geared tilter that locks in tight for either straight or tilted playing. It is height adjustable, and also has an anti-rattle sleeve. It comes complete with an adjustable cowbell holder made from welded steel and features LP's superior eye-bolt assembly. The genuine stainless steel shells produce very bright and crisp, loud sounds.
- LP Tito Puente Thunder Timbs are extra-deep timbales with 15" and 16" diameter shells, and an over-sized depth of 10".
- They provide additional volume and increased bass tones.
- They can be used alone, combined with a set of Tito Puente Timbales, or as an addition to any drum set.
- All LP Tito Puente Thunder Timbs come complete with a heavy duty, fully height adjustable, tilting timbale stand, a cowbell bracket, a pair of timbale sticks and a tuning wrench.
*Cowbells and Blocks shown in photo are not included, each sold separately.