LP One-Handed Triangle
- Ships in 1-3 business days from CA.
- Minimum Purchase:
- 2 units
Watch a Video Demonstration of the LP One-Handed Triangle
Thanks to the imagination of Doug Hinrichs (percussionist with the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical In The Heights) and the creative talents of the LP design team, the humble triangle has experienced a hi-tech renovation. The result is LP's unique One-Handed Triangle (LP311H).
Everything about the one handed triangle is new. Instead of being suspended by a cord, the specially bent triangle bar is entirely contained within a plastic grip that's "vented" in such a way as to retain all of the bar's sustain and projection capabilities. This grip also contains a Teflon-wrapped striker "bullet" that moves in a track between the sides of the bar. The size and weight of the striker bullet has been carefully chosen to produce optimal volume and sustain from the triangle bar.
The tapered shape of the OHT lets it fit comfortably in the player's hand, making it easy to create a wide variety of movements. Strategically positioned openings in the grip provide finger access to the triangle bar itself, which allows for both open and muffled triangle playing. This makes the OHT particularly applicable to Latin and Brazilian rhythms. It can even produce sustained triangle rolls.
- Unique application of the staple percussion triangle sound
- Play triangle rhythms using only one hand, including rolls
- Design allows for both open and muffled triangle playing
- Fits comfortably in player hand for ease of performance
- Designed in collaboration with percussionist Doug Hinrichs