Kalimantan Djembe with Tattoo Gryphon, 24" Tall x 11" Head
This Djembe is made of Mahogany Hardwood with a matte Teak Oil Finish and Kalimantan Tattoo Gryphon (Griffin) Bird Carving. It has 2 Rings on top providing a secure grip on the goatskin head.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Two sizes available:
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
24" Tall x 11" Head, Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm
Helpful article: Which size djembe is best for me?
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
Not sure about the size? Watch this video:
Need help tuning? Watch this video:
11 in. x 24 in.
I emailed customer service after an impulse buy, and Matt sent me the link for this beautiful drum. It's my husband's first Djembe, and he LOVES it. The sound is amazing, and the carving on the body is beautiful.
So many choices! X8 made it easy with a great website. I was able to listen to each Dijembe to hear it's sound. Received the shipment quickly and it arrived in great condition. My son was impressed with the quality and great sound. Was very pleased with the medium sized Djembe. Had looked at two other websites. Would def recommend X8 to anyone looking for a Djembe.