LP Candido Camero Conga
Included with purchase:
Modeled after the LP Original Model Conga, the Candido Camero Original Model drums, available in Quinto, Conga, and Tumbadora, features a shimmering white fiberglass shell and also a classic girth, which remains unaltered since the inception of the Original Model in the sixties. A special Candido Camero faceplate and drumhead complete the image.
- 28" tall congas are the ideal height for the seated player
- Extra wide bottom aids in stability and enhances the drum's low and mid range tones
- Hand selected, natural rawhide heads
- LP Comfort Curve II Rims
- 5/16" diameter tuning lugs
- Reinforced LP Heart Side Plates
- LP fiberglass shells have a steel ring embedded at the bearing (top) edge of the drum shell for added strength and stability
- LP ProCare Integrated Shell Protectors that prevent the side plate hardware from marking or damaging adjacent drums
- Accessory pouch, tuning wrench, and LP Lug Lube included
About Candido Camero
Born in 1921 in a Havana barrio, Candido is heralded as the father of the technique of coordinated independence. He is credited with pioneering the use of multiple congas, sometimes juggling up to three of them at a time when other congueros were playing a single drum. Candido has performed with countless legends of music throughout his lifetime, including Tony Bennett, Mario Bauza, Lena Horne and Machito. Candido Camero has endorsed LP drums for many decades and now The Master's name appears on a very special drum.