Kalimantan Djembe w/ FREE Tote Bag
Watch Video Demonstration of this Djembe:
This djembe is a great drum for the beginner/intermediate player. It is made of one-piece plantation Mahogany featuring a hand-carved Kalimantan Tattoo Gryphon (Griffin) Bird design. A top quality goat skin head is secured with braided alpine rope.
Perfect for drum circle gatherings, and students.
Two sizes available:
11-12" Tall x 7-8" HEAD w/ totebag, 4MM ALPINE BRAIDED ROPE
15-16" Tall X 8-9" HEAD w/ totebag, 4MM ALPINE BRAIDED ROPE
Helpful article: Which size djembe is best for me?
How to Play Djembe and Care of Djembe
To play the Djembe sit on the edge of a chair. Cross your ankles and tuck them slightly under you. Hold the Djembe between your knees or thighs so that the bottom of the drum rests behind your heels. Djembe players will find a wide range of sounds can be produced from this instrument.
There are commercial head conditioners on the market. However the best treatment for a skin head is use. The more a drum is played the better for the head. The natural oils from your skin will help to keep the head in condition. If you find the sound going a little dull you can re-tune the head using the cords.
Never use harsh chemicals to clean you drum or the head. When not playing your drum do not leave it in a car or vehicle. Keep your drum, like all instruments, away from sources of cold or hot air. Since the head and the body of this drum are natural materials, they will be affected by changes in heat and humidity; therefore try to avoid rapid changes in environmental conditions.
- Every drum comes with a Djembe Care & Maintenance Guide
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Become part of the magic of drumming
Drummers also viewed...
Kalimantan Djembe with Tattoo Gryphon
Kalimantan Djembe with Tattoo Gryphon, 23-24" Tall x 11-12" Head
Red Black Djembe w/ Egg Shakers & Bag