This listing is for the small Dundun drum, the Kenkeni,
The drum heads are made of cow hide with the hair left on to produce heavy tones and eliminate ringing overtones.X8 Drums Dundun (or Dununs) are masterfully carved of a single piece of legally harvested Mahogany hardwood, designed to produce the authentic sound of the African bass drum.
Typically played as a set with sticks, The 15" Dundunba produces the low bass tone, the 12" Sangban produces the mid-range tone, and the 10" Kenkeni produces the high tone.
- Professional quality drums and offering an outstanding combination of melody, beautiful design, and authentic African tone.
- These djun-djuns are usually played with sticks in a set of three (15" Dundunba, 12" Sangban, 10" Kenkeni).
- Stretched across the top and bottom are high-quality cowhides held together with two-ring mounting systems and 5mm non-stretch rope.
- Each drum ships with a pair of hardwood djun djun sticks.
- Each drum has a braided rope handle attached to both ends for handling.
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.