This djembe is made of mahogany hardwood with a rubbed teak oil finish and textured design. It has 2 Rings on top providing a secure grip on the goatskin head. Tuning ropes are 1 Kilo 5MM Black.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/government inspected and certified mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- Hand carved djembe features a stunning design, traditional rope tuning system and thick goatskin drumhead.
- Made from a single piece of legally harvested mahogany logwood that has been kiln dried in a solar powered kiln.
- Shell is lathe turned for uniform thickness with internal lateral groove and rough surfaced carvings reduce overtones.
- Comes with to two digital djembe lessons; How to Tune Your Drum and How to Play Your First Rhythm, plus a Djembe Care and Maintenance Guide
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm Rope
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment