This African Djembe features a beautiful Celtic labyrinth carving on the Mahogany HardWood shell with a Teak Oil Finish. It has 2 Rings on top providing a secure grip on the goatskin head.
Watch Video Demonstration of this Djembe
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly from our partners in Bali means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
Two sizes available:
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
19-20" Tall x 9-10" Head, Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm Red Black Rope
Helpful article: Which size djembe is best for me?
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
How to Play Djembe and Care of Djembe
To play the Djembe sit on the edge of a chair. Cross your ankles and tuck them slightly under you. Hold the Djembe between your knees or thighs so that the bottom of the drum rests behind your heels. Djembe players will find a wide range of sounds can be produced from this instrument.
The best treatment for a skin head is use. The more a drum is played the better for the head. The natural oils from your skin will help to keep the head in condition. If you find the sound going a little dull you can re-tune the head using the cords.