LP High Hat Shekere
- This item ships directly from our vendor and may take additional processing time.
CLEARANCE: Open Box Item. Returned in new condition.
Watch a Video Demonstration of the LP Hi-Hat Shekere
Drummers and percussionists have long enjoyed the ability to play bells, blocks, and tambourines using LP's legendary Gajate Bracket and a bass drum pedal. Now LP and noted artist/educator Michael Spiro have collaborated on a device that brings the hi-hat foot into the mix.
The LP Hi-Hat Shekere (LP485) mounts to any standard hi-hat pull rod. Its durable fiberglass shell has a unique flattened-sphere shape without the traditional "throat" of a gourd-style shekere. This shape provides increased contact area for the beads in order to accommodate the exclusively up-and-down motion that a hi-hat generates.
The beads themselves are also unique. LP's designers experimented extensively to determine just the right bead size and hardness to achieve a natural sound. Then they mounted the beads on the shell using special extra-light netting that provides easy movement for a lively response.
Each Hi-Hat Shekere is supplied with three extra hi-hat seat washers to prevent the Shekere from "bottoming out" on the seat. This ensures that only the crisp, bright sound of the Shekere will be heard when the instrument is played.
Check out the LP Hi-Hat Shekere, and see what great sounds a single foot can create!
- Designed in conjunction with LP artist and educator Michael Spiro
- Play Shekere using a standard Hi-Hat
- Includes durable Fiber Shekere with bracket; connects to Hi-Hat rod
- Special light weight netting provides easy movement of beads on shell
- Large beads made from special materials provide a more natural sound
- Includes three extra Hi-Hat seat washers so Shekere does not bottom out on seat
- Does not include hi-hat stand.