X8 Classic Professional Djembe 13-14" Head w/Bag
Included with purchase:
Watch Video Demonstration of this Djembe
The name says it all! This hand crafted beauty has a traditional look and feel that represents the best of the djembe drum. The X8 Classic pays homage to the roots of this historical instrument by keeping the finish organic and the carving modest. One look and you will know why the X8 Classic is destined to be, well, a "classic."
The Classic Pro djembes are hand made, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous inspection of quality control using hand selected #1 quality mahogany hardwood. Only the best! Wood that is all legally harvested and certified to be legal timber, which is environmentally friendly.
Also, due to the specialized shell shape only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for our Professional line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for an Classic Pro. All shells have to be both hand carved and lathed. This is expensive and takes a long time. Every Classic Pro djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range.
Take special note of the neck ring on each Classic Pro djembe. Every drum is secured with a forged steel neck ring that is specifically fitted and built for each model. All Classic Pro shells are hand carved with a built in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place. This tedious process of welding a custom steel neck ring leads to a highly secured tuning system. When you tune up your new Classic Pro it stays locked and tight when performing.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- Comes with a Free X8 Drums Heavy Duty Resistant Nylon Djembe Backpack Bag ($69 Value!)
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood, One-piece, solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Carved rim to stabilize bottom ring for precise, long-lasting tuning.
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
Fabulous big drum
Posted by Kent on 9th Dec 2015
The X8 Classic Pro is the largest djembe I have purchased from X8. The drum far exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this drum for anyone looking for a quality large djembe.
Posted by Rhino (CO, USA) on 10th Jul 2014
I cannot recommend X8 highly enough. The service was excellent, the advice was excellent and the Djembe drum that I purchased is superb. The sound of this drum is far superior than any other drum that I have played. The bass is "booming" and deep. This is exactly what I was looking for. The craftsmanship on this drum makes it visually impressive as well. My drum circle will be jealous. Thank you for an A+++ experience.
Drummers also viewed...
Stallion Pro Djembe Drum, Large w/ Free Heavy Duty Bag
King Cheetah Elite Professional Djembe - Large
Ramadan Pro African Djembe, Large w/ Bag
Matahari Pro African Djembe, 13-14" Head w/ Bag
Ramadan Pro African Djembe, Medium