This djembe is a great drum for the beginner/intermediate player. It is made of one-piece plantation Mahogany featuring a hand-carved Celtic Labyrinth design. A quality goat skin head is secured with braided alpine rope. Perfect for drum circle gatherings, and students.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
15-16" Tall x 8-9" HEAD w/ totebag, 4MM ALPINE BRAIDED ROPE
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- 15-16" Tall X 8-9" HEAD w/ totebag, 4MM ALPINE BRAIDED ROPE
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
How to Play Djembe and Care of Djembe
To play the Djembe sit on the edge of a chair. Cross your ankles and tuck them slightly under you. Hold the Djembe between your knees or thighs so that the bottom of the drum rests behind your heels.
There are commercial head conditioners on the market. However the best treatment for a skin head is use. The more a drum is played the better for the head. The natural oils from your skin will help to keep the head in condition. If you find the sound going a little dull you can re-tune the head using the cords.
Never use harsh chemicals to clean you drum or the head. When not playing your drum do not leave it in a car or vehicle. Keep your drum, like all instruments, away from sources of cold or hot air.