The Twister Drum w/ Strap, Medium
Watch HD Video Demonstration of this Djembe
12" Head x 24" Tall
The Twister Drum is an X8 Drums exclusive djembe drum with collapsible technology that allows you to fit twice as many drums into a single space. The drum was designed by facilitator and percussionist Kenya Masala who not only requires space-saving features but also demands quality sound. With the Twister, you get two drums in one. Play it as a djembe or remove the head and play it as a frame drum!
Twist and Go! The Twister Drum is very easy to collapse and build. It's the only drum that lets you simply pop off the head, then unscrew the base. To compact the instrument, either stack the bowls and bases with each other or put the base inside of the bowl and pop the head back on.
STACK & STORE IT
No worries about storage! The drum shell is made of durable fiberglass material that will last for years and has great resonating properties. The head is a thick synthetic material that stays in tune and designed to replicate the sound of traditional goatskin. This makes it a perfect drum for constant use in schools and they will hold their value for years to come!
Directions for assembly: (Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey)
- 1. Hold the drums so the head faces your torso or faces up with the base resting on the ground. You can also hug the bell under one arm (as in the video)
- 2. Place the pads of your fingers just under the lip of the drumhead's black rim and pry upwards with smooth even pressure working your way around the drum. The head will pop of easily.
- 3. The base will be screwed into the inside of the bell for shipping. Unscrew the base, being sure to keep the bell and base perpendicular as you detach them - unscrewing at an angle may cause cross threading.
- 4. Now screw the base into the bottom of the bell. Again, be sure the sections are aligned so you don't cross thread them. If they are aligned, it's incredibly easy"_if it's not easy, they are not aligned; unscrew, reset and start again. Use minimal tightening force once the seams touch, that's just about as much tightening as you need.
- 5. To disassemble, reverse the directions and voila!
Country of Origin: Indoneisa
Posted by X8 Drums Staff on behalf of the customer.Good day Solomon. It's been awhile since we last spoke regarding the incredible book 1,2, Let's All Groove. So much has happened including me resigning from teaching music after 18yrs and becoming a community educator...the community is now my classroom! I became an Outreach Director with Music Together bringing music to low income families and organizations that serve people living in poverty. As well as launching One Love Community Circle bringing drumming programming to various schools/organizations in my area, which brings me to why I'm emailing.
I needed to purchase some more drums and I wanted to get djembes. I went to X8 and I spoke to Art and the owner Michael (?) about having a very, very, tight budget and they were so kind. I changed my mind a lot, but finally I was like, 'Kenya wouldn't put out an inferior product, I'm going to get the Twister Drum!" Well I purchased 13 medium drums, got them today and I SO EXCITED that I did buy these djembes. Oh my goodness, thank God for your creativity. I was able to pack up 13 drums with amazing sound in 4 Versa drum bags!!! SAY WHAT!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for your vision and passion for making music making a bit more easier to bring to the masses.
Happy Holiday's and God Bless.
Music Educator/World Changer