Pearl EZ Tune Djembe, Cranberry Fade
Included with purchase:
Pearl's EZ Tune Djembe is the first djembe ever to combine the traditional look and feel of a rope djembe with the modern functionality of a mechanical tuning system.
Available in 12.5" or 14" sizes and with lightweight Fiberglass construction, the EZ Tune Djembe provides the incredible low-end response and cutting high-end projection that Pearl djembes are known for, with unprecedented tuning accuracy. EZ Tune Djembes truly are the future of Djembe construction and function.
Drum Head: Cow Skin Heads
12 1/2" Head
"Pearl Drums Lifetime Warranty:
Drum Set/Concert wood and metal shells for the Lifetime of the Original Owner. Foot pedals, hi-hat stands, cymbal stands, boom cymbal stands, snare drum stands, floor-standing tom stands, floor- standing cymbal/tom stands, concert stands, racks and rack accessories, cymbal holders and multi-clamps for the Lifetime of the Original Owner; some exceptions apply. Drum Set claws, tension rods, swivel nuts, spurs, tom brackets, tom holders, strainers, and nuts and bolts for the Lifetime of the Original Owner. Rotationally molded cases for the Lifetime of the Original Owner. The LIFETIME WARRANTY applies to the aforementioned Pearl products purchased from June 15, 2009.
3-Year Warranty: Marching Wood Shells
2-Year Warranty: All Pearl Percussion products (except rims lugs, and tuning plates which have a 1 year warranty).
SoundCheck drums, stands, pedals, hardware, and parts. Covered and lacquered finishes on all Pearl drums. RH-2000 Remote Hat cable. Collar Joint on all Pearl drum thrones. Gas Cylinder on the D-3000TC throne. Marching claws, tension rods, swivel nuts, strainers, and nuts and bolts. Marching carriers and marching carrier parts. Tru-Trac electronic drum pads and rubber pad surfaces. R.E.D. BOX electronic drum module, cables, and junction boxes. e-Pro Live metal and plastic cymbals. THRONE THUMPER and THRONE THUMPER amplifier. PRECISION DRUM MONITOR headphones. Snare Kits, Bell Kits, Percussion Learning Centers and their corresponding bags and cases. All ADAMS products. Taiko heads.
This Warranty Does Not Cover:
Normal wear and tear; Improper assembly; Improper follow-up maintenance or repair.
Installation of non-genuine Pearl parts or components; Instruments that have been sold as ""B-Stock"", sold as second-hand, or resold contrary to US export regulations. Instruments that have been altered, modified or have been damaged through misuse, negligence, improper operation or accidents; Instruments subjected to abnormal strain, neglect, abuse, modification or exposure to extreme variances in temperature or humidity. Instruments whose trademark, name or identification number has been changed or removed.
Drum hardware and stands plated in Black Chrome, Gold, Satin Chrome, and Black Nickel; Drum hardware and stands finished in Black or White Electro-coat. Consumables such as but not limited to: heads sticks, brushes, beaters, springs, straps, slings, wire snares, cable snares, gut snares, cords/straps, cymbals, bass drum hoop protectors, wheels and casters.
The playing surface on Pearl Percussion cajons. The heads on the Pearl Percussion Fun Drum.
It is important that the owner/user be familiar with the proper maintenance and use of their Pearl instrument. Be prepared to provide purchase information to avoid undue difficulties in determining eligibility for warranty protection. If any service is not performed by Pearl, it will terminate this warranty."
i really like my new drum.
Posted by NoahElias Gabrielle Stephany Stykx on 15th Jul 2016
1. fibreglass shell iz much lighter then my wooden one. that being said, just a reminder; to Never touch the inside, it iz fibreglass.,. unless you like that itchy feeling.
2. it waz So nerve wracking to tighten it up, but the added feature iz really nice. they do loosen it b4 shipping. the strings and skin, iz set for a higher tension/torque.
2. a. don't tighten it up more than a quarter turn at a time, to account for the 6 other bolts.
2. b. after the first day playing it, between halfway and 3/4 of the day, i could feel and hear the skin loosen up a little, and the bass began to sound a little "floppy", and lost some of the high note resonance.,. However i wazn't worried because this just meant it waz now "broken in" any other drum, it would of had to been restrung. happy this adjustment only took a couple minutes.
3. the mali weave looks really nice, & helps decrease weight az well.
4. it iz Very easy to decorate this drum, i have added about $30 less then what the drum itself cost.
4. a. even without any decoration at all, there iz enough red, to upset a gang member of blue, at night, in salt lake city.
4. b. there iz enough space, and since it haz a smooth outside surface means you can add stickerz, if you like.
5. Sunday drum circle at the park waz this one's "first time".
5. a. it waz bigger then 95% of the other drumz there that day.
5. b. this drum can take all that a 5'11" 145 lbs., chain-smoking, native-american can throw at it.
5. c. i played with the circle all afternoon, & in the evening after a few went home, this drum definitely took "center-stage". so, when i stopped, every one else stopped.
6. i almost gave this drum 5 starz, but the inside izn't sanded, & the 2 hoops to connect the one sided shoulder strap, were only melted together.
6. a. it doez sound Very nice, but the less mass/weight means it haz a very different "soul" when compared to a similiar heavier wooden 15" drum. ( i also have a/the 15" Matahari drum).
7. this review iz for the bigger 15" size.
Wow!!! By a 5 year drumming vet
Posted by Christopher Peters on 1st Aug 2014
I bought this drum not knowing much about it because i couldn't find a single review on the web that is why i am writing this. I got it in the mail after waiting for 2 weeks and it sounded like crap!!! Out of the box. The thing is they loosen the skin for transport so that is wont break with extreme temperature change. i garbed the tuning fork that was provided with the drum. and wow less than 5 min of tuning it for the first time and i have never heard a drum with this kind of range it has an amazing low deep sound without sacrificing the highs. I purchased the 12.5 inch and will be purchasing the 14 inch as soon as i can afford it.
Drummers also viewed...
Pearl Elite Fiberglass Djembe, Bistre Black
Remo Infinity Mondo Djembe: Eco-grain - Choco Red
Stallion Pro Djembe Drum, Large w/ Free Heavy Duty Bag
Pearl Elite Djembe 12 1/2", Natural