Eric Velez's Signature Congas
Eric Velez' beats reach frightening speed, generating an exciting mix of low rumbles and crisp highs. For this technique, he prefers congas and bongos that are sensitive to fingertips and loud slaps. Together with Toca, he created a line that lets him express himself the way he wants.
Eric Velez Signature Series 11" Quinto
- 28" tall two-ply high premium Asian Oak construction, ideal for seated players
- Plantation grown wood
- Contemporary Afro-Cuban shape designed for added volume and resonance
- Black Mirror chrome hardware for a sleek look and appeal
- Finished in a natural Sunburst high gloss finish
- Drums feature 6 tuning lugs for greater tuning range
- Easyplay hoop
- Rib design gives the Bongos an authentic look and feel
Eric's influences consist of an elite group of players, including legends like Patato, Eddie Montalvo, Johnny Rodriguez and Giovanni Hidalgo. His reverence for the traditional techniques is shown in his own style, based heavily on indigenous Afro-Cuban technique, to which Eric has contributed a number of unique variations.