Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
Pitch Bending & Muting on Cajon
In this lesson Mike will show you how to use your heel and your leg to do some muting and pitch bending on the cajon.
- Proper footwear for this technique
- Positioning options
- Exercise to find the tones
- There are references to Cajon 101 and Cajon 102 in this lesson
- Technique to identify 6 pitches
- Practice session using both hands with the foot motion
- A note about foot pressure on the drum
- Muting your cajon using your heel
- Practice session with hand rhythm using heel muting
- Advanced rhythm at the end to practice with
- Run Time: 14:46
This video is instructed by Mike Meadows of Swan Percussion.
Mike Meadows is a professional freelance percussionist, drummer, and background vocalist based in Austin,TX. He is also co-inventor of The Black Swan Drum and co-founder of Swan Percussion. The cajon used in this lesson is the Swan Percussion Corsoba Deluxe Cajon.
Customers Also Viewed