Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
Bongo 101: How to Play Bongos for Beginners with Noah Mosgofian
In this lesson you will learn how to position the bongos, create the basic bongo tones and play the traditional rhythm, Martillo.
- Learn about the history of this instrument
- How to play the open tone with proper hand technique
- Technique for high pitch accent notes
- How to play the slap/closed tone
- Combine the notes and work on tempo
- How and why to mute the skin when playing
- Over-the-shoulder angle shots for easy learning
- Ideas for mixing up the pattern once you have it down
- Run Time: 17:19
This video is instructed by Noah Mosgofian.
Noah Mosgofian's career includes 6 years with the international percussion sensation STOMP, tours with Lost at Last, Del Castillo, Atash, and scores of other award-winning bands and drum/dance companies playing samba, salsa, afro-beat, funk, and more. He has taught thousands of students in the US and abroad, including composing, arranging, and teaching for Austin Samba, one of the biggest samba schools anywhere outside of Brazil. Noah’s teachers include the top names in many disciplines: Mamady Keita, “Changuito” Quintana, Los Muñequitos de Matanzas, C.K. Ladzekpo, and Fara Tolno. Visit his website at www.noahmosgofian.com