Deep Carve Djembe
Included with purchase:
The Deep Carve African Djembe features intricate carvings around the base of the drum. Master carvers have paid special attention to the detailing the bowl of the drum to provide a unique texture. Authentic goatskin heads are secured with low-stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5mm rope runners. We recommend this drum for beginner to intermediate players.
X8 Deep Carve African Djembe - 12"
X8 Deep Carve African Djembe - 15"
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
19-20" Tall x 10-11" Head, 20 sets of rope runners
23-24" Tall x 11-12" Head, 24 sets of rope runners
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head, 28 sets of rope runners
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe .
- Get full access to growing library of Djembe Lessons online
- Every drum comes with a Djembe Care & Maintenance Guide
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm Rope
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserver the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
- Become part of the magic of drumming
Posted by Patricia M on 1st Aug 2014
My. son is taking an African drumming class right now and I was pleasantly surprised with the sturdy construction and soothing sound of this Djembe that arrived so quickly and right on time for his 9th birthday. He said it's even better than the ones in his class.
Posted by Jessica (FL, USA) on 14th Jul 2014
I shopped around for a Djembe and was very satisfied with the information that X8 provided on their website, from product information to informative videos. So when X8 also had the best price for the drum I chose, the buying decision was easy!
Drummers also viewed...
World Tribal Djembe Drum, 10"
X8 Red Black Backpacker Djembe
Ramadan Pro African Djembe, Medium
Celtic Labyrinth Backpacker Djembe w/ FREE Tote Bag
X8 Roaming Elephant Djembe w/ Bag