Custom Elite Pro African Djembe - 12" Head
Included with purchase:
This is a one-of-a-kind Elite Pro Djembe - just one unit available! Beautiful mahogany stain on an intricately carved drum. This one won't be around long!
The Elite Pro djembes are hand made, custom carved professional grade instruments prepared with the finest materials. Each drum goes through a rigorous inspection of quality control using hand selected #1 quality mahogany hardwood. Only the best! Wood that is all legally harvested and certified to be legal timber, which is environmentally friendly. Go green!!
Also, due to the specialized shell shape only 30% of the approved wood that is sorted for our Professional line meets the size, shape, and quality criteria for an Elite Pro. All shells have to be both hand carved and lathed. This is expensive and takes a long time. Every Elite Pro djembe is carved extra thick for incredible tones, and unsurpassed range.
Take special note of the neck ring on each Elite Pro djembe. Every drum is secured with a forged steel neck ring that is specifically fitted and built for each model. All Elite Pro shells are hand carved with a built in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place. This tedious process of welding a custom steel neck ring leads to a highly secured tuning system. When you tune up your new Elite Pro it stays locked and tight when performing. The Elite Pro’s have it all: craftsmanship, beauty, and that juicy tone you’ve been after!!
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums directly means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
24" Tall x 12" Head
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood, One-piece, solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope runners
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Forged steel neck ring, with built-in groove that is custom fitted to lock the ring system into place
- Carved rim to stabilize bottom ring for precise, long-lasting tuning.
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
My DREAM DRUM is here!
Posted by Kathryn LaMar on 30th Jul 2014
The drum arrived early, in its case, and in perfect tension-tuning. Although it's a little heavy to carry around to circles, it is beautiful to look at, comfortable to play sitting down, and sounds spectacular! I did have to sand the head a little (recommended by the Drum Doctor of Santa Cruz) to smooth out the stubble that was irritating to my fingers, but once that was done, I could play until my house mates told me to be quiet. This will not enter my kit--I'm keeping it for myself; the bonding process is in progress!