Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
Hand Percussion 101, Shakers with Mike Meadows
Mike Meadows shows exercises to master the basics of playing shakers. Connect with the groove and learn ways to accent and keep your time.
Shakers are a great way to improve your rhythm, time and groove. It is as easy as walking.
- Posture, elbow position and wrist action
- Learn to keep a consistent sound
- Zoom in on the accents and master the wrist action technique
- Integrate your favorite songs to practice
- Practice with both hands
- Add in a second percussion instrument
- Other ideas to try
- Run Time: 18:02
This video is instructed by Mike Meadows of Swan Percussion.
Mike Meadows is a professional freelance percussionist, drummer, and background vocalist based in Austin,TX. He is also co-inventor of The Black Swan Drum and co-founder of Swan Percussion. The cajon used in this lesson is the Swan Percussion Corsoba Cajon.
Customers Also Viewed