Ramadan Pro African Djembe, Large w/ Bag
Included with purchase:
Watch HD Video Demonstration of this Djembe
Customer Review: "Hi. I just received one of your drums, the Ramadan Pro, and I had to thank you. The sound from this drum is amazing and the craftsmanship is beautiful. I almost feel unworthy to play such an instrument. I know where I will be buying any drums I need in the future. Thanks again." -Dan
Beautiful new model professional djembe available exclusively from X8 Drums. The Ramadan Pro African djembe drum is a professional level djembe that sounds absolutely fantastic and is built to perfection. Drum features a natural dark stained finish and pro quality Blue Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm rope.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head, 35 sets of rope runners
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe .
- Comes with a Free X8 Drums Blue Celestial Djembe Backpack Bag
- Get full access to growing library of Djembe Lessons online
- Every drum comes with a Djembe Care & Maintenance Guide
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- Blue Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
- Become part of the magic of drumming
Fantastic Drum, Great Customer Service!
Posted by Brett on 14th Jul 2014
This is my first drum and I am glad I got it. It seemed a little bit dull & dusty (maybe from overseas shipping?) out of the box but I rubbed a little shea butter on the head and on the wood and it looks very, very good. My head measured 13". Everything about it is quality... a very thick, tightly-tuned premium goatskin head, perfect ropework, nice wood. Not to mention the sound: it has an impressively musical range of tones and bass. Can hit sweet high notes like a 'xylophone' - booming bass, etc. I showed it to the local Djembe master guru and he tweaked the ropes a little and confirmed "this is a good drum". Also, the service from X8 drums is top notch. They answered all my questions, shipped promptly, gave me advice. If you like the look of this drum, I say: go for it! I'm glad I did.
Love my new Djembe Drum, it sounds awesome.
Posted by Darryl (CA, USA) on 14th Jul 2014
I purchased the Ramadan Pro African Djembe drum, the service I received was excellent and it was delivered on time as promised. I love my new Djembe drum it sounds awesome, thank you X8 DRUMS !!!