Matahari Pro African Djembe, 13-14" Head w/ Bag
Included with purchase:
Watch HD Video Demonstration of this Djembe
The Matahari Pro African djembe drum is a professional level djembe that sounds absolutely fantastic and is built to perfection. Made with the utmost care and attention to detail this Pro African djembe drum is a hand-carved beauty that is not only stunning but a true work of art. It just doesn't get any better than this!
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany.
Size: Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head, 35 sets of rope runners
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe .
- Comes with a Free X8 Drums Water Resistant Nylon Djembe Bag
- Get full access to growing library of Djembe Lessons online
- Every drum comes with a Djembe Care & Maintenance Guide
- Legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction
- Government Certification Process
- 25-26" : Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm, 35 rope runners
- Natural, unbleached heads for authentic look and sound.
- 3 ring system at the head for more stable tuning and elimination of skin slippage
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Professional drum techs on staff ready to service your djembe
- Become part of the magic of drumming
1 Reference West African Wisdom.
A screaming deal (Blemished Matahari Pro Djembe)
Posted by Brice Ligget on 11th Jul 2014
Drum sounds great. Did a quick repair on the head (exactly as described) and plan on changing the head this weekend. Everything I was looking for in a Djembe.
Everything I wanted
Posted by Bruce on 11th Jul 2014
I purchases a 14" scratch and dent. The small hole in the head was easily repaired and doesn't seem to effect the sound at all. It also came with a very nice replacement head for when this one eventually splits.
My only problem is the wife says I can't play it once the kids are in bed. Something about leaping up and dancing around....
My New Djembe
Posted by Kevin Harris on 11th Jul 2014
Awesome drum! It was delivered faster than expected and instantly impressed everyone who saw it. has a great bass tone and range while playing it. I am very happy with it and would definitely recommend it to anyone interested.