This is a video download product. Once you purchase it, you will have access to download the video and watch it on your computer or mobile device.
Watch a preview of this lesson before you buy!
Michael Pluznick's Learn to Play the 6/8 Bell Pattern (Long and Short Styles)
This lesson is about one of the most important fundamentals of all drumming from the African diaspora commonly known as the "6/8 bell (long and short styles)".
In this video you will learn how to play both versions using a step by step process to add one part at a time and slow motion sequences to make the learning easy.
There are two different 6/8 bells; one is called the long bell and one is called the short bell.
- Demonstration of Short Bell vs. Long Bell. (The difference is in the 3rd note)
- Tuning into the foot and four pulse of both the long and short 6/8 bell patterns
- 6/8 Short bell wil the four pulse on the leg
- Master the "up" beat
- Learn to keep your feet on the four count while you play the 6/8 bell
- Alternate playing the 6/8 bell, then the 4 pulse
Run Time: 15:00