Watch HD Video of these drums:
Order the djuns individually (priced above) or get the full set of 3 Djun-Djuns.
The full set of 3 drums includes one Dundunba, one Sangban, and one Kenkeni, which creates a full tonal range from high to the low bass.
The fiberglass djun djun shells feature the traditional Kente Cloth African design with a rich color palette. The fiberglass material means that your drum is ready for travel and years of play without cracking or splitting. Plus the fiberglass material doesn't react to changing weather conditions like wood which means less time tuning for you!
The drum heads are made of cow hide with the hair left on to produce heavy tones and eliminate ringing overtones.
These drums are sought after by traveling musicians, school programs and groups that require both professional-level musicality and extreme durability.
Typically played as a set with sticks, The 15" Dundunba produces the low bass tone, the 12" Sangban produces the mid-range tone, and the 10" Kenkeni produces the high tone.
The stands used in the video above are the Vertical Djun Djun Stands.
- Professional quality drums and offering an outstanding combination of melody, beautiful design, and authentic African tone.
- These djun-djuns are usually played with sticks in a set of three (15" Dundunba, 12" Sangban, 10" Kenkeni).
- Stretched across the top and bottom are high-quality cowhides held together with two-ring mounting systems and 5mm non-stretch rope.
- Each drum ships with a pair of hardwood djun djun sticks.
- Each drum has a braided rope handle attached to both ends for handling.
Not sure where to start? We have experienced drum techs on staff that are happy to walk you through our entire selection to find the best djun djun for your needs.
Call us toll-free 1-800-771-9645.
Phone support hours are 8am - 9pm, New York Time, M-F.