X8 Drums now offers djembe reheading services! Located in Austin, TX, X8 Drums offers quality djembe repair service for clients nationwide. Contact X8 for your drum repair needs, from a simple rehead to bearing edge repair. Our drum technician has many years of experience building and repairing drums with a very high bar for perfection. Your drum will return to you singing like a custom made masterpiece!
How it works:
- Choose the type of re-head style that you want
- Choose the quality skin that you want
- Select the rope you want (if it needs to be replaced)
- Click "Add to Cart" and complete the checkout process
- Ship your drum to the address provided on the order completion page
Most work takes approximately 1-2 weeks. Turn around time for drum repairs may be affected by shipping, structural issues that we may discover with your drum, and/or orders in the queue at the time of your order.
Our $99 head replacement and tuning package includes:
- Drum inspection
- Removal of existing head
- Bearing edge lightly sanded and oiled
- Replace with new head (actual skin for new head is purchased as an add-on)
- Shave and cut skin to preferred style (Skin "over", add $20)
- Tune and Test your djembe
Drum Head Options
X8 Drums offers a variety of goat skins to choose from. Our standard skin is the most economical and has a lighter, brighter tone. Premium quality goat skins are thicker, more durable and sound fuller when played. Cow skins for large solo djembes are also available.
After years of use any rope begins to fray and lose strength. X8 Drums offers durable low stretch ropes in a variety of sizes and color. All rope is high quality 100% Polyester with less stretch than most nylon cords.
Shipping to our facility is not included in repair pricing. Return shipping to you once the drum has been repaired is included as a $15 flat rate fee. You will see the $15 return shipping charge at checkout. Please be sure to insure all packages and pack well for safe travel; X8 Drums can not be held responsible for any damages acquired during shipping to our warehouse.
Please contact X8 Drums at 800-771-9645 for information about additional work including ring and shell repair.