The Student Djembe package includes everything you need for success in an adult djembe class. The 13" Deep Carve djembe is recommended for taller players, 5' 11" and up. If you are tall, this drum will be large enough to play in a proper seated position and provide plenty of playing surface for large hands.Watch Video Demonstration of this Djembe:
The Deep Carve African Djembe is a beautiful, natural hand carved djembe made of a solid piece of mahogany wood. 13" playing surface, tuned and ready to play. Master carvers have paid special attention to the detailing the bowl of the drum to provide a unique texture. Authentic goatskin heads are secured with low-stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5mm rope runners.
We take great pride that our djembe drums are environmentally friendly. Each drum is made from legally harvested/Government inspected and certified Mahogany. The fact that we import these drums means that you get 'factory direct' prices and the finest selection of handcrafted djembe drums.
Please note that each drum is hand-carved, by master carvers, and sizes will tend to slightly fluctuate. No two drums are exactly alike which makes each one a unique work of art.
25-26" Tall x 13-14" Head
Not sure about the size? Read Which Size Djembe is Right for Me?
Need help tuning? Watch our video, How to Tune a Djembe.
- One-piece Mahogany solid shell construction, legally Harvested, Environmentally Sustainable Mahogany wood
- Government Certification Process
- Lathe turned for uniform thickness
- Low Stretch Alpine Nylon HTB 5 mm, 21 sets of rope runners
- Lateral groove/rough surfaced carvings on interior bowl to reduce overtones
- Shells are kiln dried with up to 20 coats of teak oil to protect and preserve the wood.
- Premium selected goatskin drumheads
- Temperature controlled storage environment